Also available in: Español (Spanish)
Approximately 10% of new mothers develop anxiety.
The symptoms of anxiety during pregnancy or postpartum might include:
- Constant worry
- Racing thoughts
- Inability to sit still
- Disturbances of sleep or appetite
- Feeling that something bad is going to happen
- Physical symptoms like dizziness, hot flashes, and nausea
Risk factors for perinatal anxiety and panic include:
- Personal or family history of anxiety
- Previous perinatal depression or anxiety
- Thyroid imbalance
Content provided by Postpartum Support International.