Connect With A Volunteer
It is very important to connect with others who have experienced similar challenges. Moms On Call are volunteers who have firsthand experience with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, either personally or through a family member. They provide a “virtual hug” along with support, encouragement, and information about where to go for help. However, volunteers are NOT medical professionals, so they cannot offer medical information or screening.
Moms on Call Provide:
- Non-judgmental listening
- Understanding, acceptance, support, and encouragement
- Suggestions for self-care
- General resources about perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- Local resources, including support groups, mental health professionals, and other sources of maternal-child support
Long Distance Resources
Other phone and online resources include:
- Chat With An Expert offers weekly phone-in sessions with mental health professionals.
- Online PPD Support Group offers online moderated discussion forums about perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
- Smart Patients offers an online community where women can learn from each other about recovery, treatments, the latest science, and how it all fits into the context of their experience in a private space where they can feel comfortable sharing openly.
- Regroup Therapy provides individual therapy and group support via webcam.
- Postpartum Support International provides online support groups in both English and Spanish.