Mothers’ groups offer the opportunity to meet other new moms and babies. Some groups are purely social; others offer educational topics and guest speakers. This list is not exhaustive; mothers groups are also sponsored by organizations such as churches, exercise facilities, hospitals, and community centers.
Please contact Postpartum Support Virginia to include additional information.
- Birth Matters Virginia (throughout Virginia) provides education, support, and resources for giving birth. Birth Matters’ mission is to improve the culture of birth by promoting an evidence-based model of maternity care and supporting care providers who practice mother-friendly care.
- INOVA Health System (Northern Virginia) offers a variety of groups for new mothers.
- Mamistad (Northern Virginia) connects first-time mothers.
- MOMS Clubs (nationwide) provide a support group specifically for at-home mothers.
- Mothers of North Arlington (Arlington) is a local social and support group offering support, friendship, an active message board, fun activities, and informative events for members.
- The Motherhood Collective (Lynchburg) provides support and resources on pregnancy, birth, and parenthood.
- Mothers & More (nationwide) connects mothers via a network of both virtual and local communities.
- Mothers of Preschoolers (worldwide) connects moms to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry, and embrace the journey of motherhood.
- PACE (Washington DC area) is an organization providing educational and emotional support groups for new and second time around mothers.
And some great groups for parents of multiples (twins and more):
- Northern Virginia Parents of Multiples (nvpom.com)
- Fairfax County Mothers of Multiples (fcmom.org)
- Fredericksburg Area Mothers of Multiples Club (famomc.com)
- Loudoun/Fairfax Mothers of Multiples Club (lfmomc.com)
- Peninsula Parents of Multiples (peninsulamultiples.org)
- Prince William Mothers of Multiples Club (pwmomc.org)
- Richmond Area Mothers of Multiples (ramom.org)
- Southside Mothers of Multiples (samom.com)
- Tidewater Mothers of Multiples (tmomc.org)