Spanish Language Services Manager
Postpartum Support Virginia (PSVa) has an immediate opening for a Spanish Language Servies Manager. PSVa is a Virginia Statewide nonprofit with a two-pronged mission; 1. to educate families, healthcare providers and communities about Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders (PMADs) and; 2. to provide peer support and resources to help perinatal people and their families overcome anxiety, depression, and other PMADs.
The Spanish Language Services Manager will oversee PSVa’s current services to Spanish-speaking families (support group and warm line); expand our offerings, and work with executive team to hire and oversee a team of regional Spanish Language Service Coordinators throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Spanish Language Services Manager reports to the Deputy Director and is part of the Social Support Services team. This is a 20 hours per week contract position. The rate of pay is $23.00 – 30.00 per hour depending on experience,
- Responsible for the oversight and execution of PSVa’s Spanish Language services including but not limited to support groups, warm line, and the development of a peer mentor program.
- Developing and creating innovative programs and services to meet the needs of families as funding allows.
- Overseeing PSVa’s Spanish-speaking volunteers.
- Ensure coverage of PSVa’s warm line with volunteers and staff that can serve perinatal families who speak Spanish
- Work with the Volunteer Manager to conduct assessment of the Spanish language volunteer program.
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring of Spanish Language Regional Coordinators as funding allows.
- Supervise Spanish Language Regional Coordinators to ensure continuity of the program state-wide.
- Provide care coordination for families as needed.
- Ensure all relevant data is collected and reports created for both grantors and PSVa.
- Create partnerships and linkages that enhance PSVa’s ability to serve Spanish Speaking families
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure PSVa has publicly facing Spanish Language publicly (social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Professionals with experience in perinatal health (nurses, doulas, etc.), mental health, as well as those with experience in public health or community organizing are encouraged to apply.
- Program management experience desired but not required.
- The ability to cultivate partnerships with individuals and organizations
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, program development, record keeping, and task facilitation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Sultana Karim, Deputy Director by February 28, 2022 at 5:00pm (email@example.com).