Postpartum Support Virginia (PSVa) has an immediate opening for a Trainings Manager. PSVa is a nonprofit organization in the Commonwealth of Virginia with a two-pronged mission; 1. to educate families, healthcare providers and communities about Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders (PMADs) and; 2. to provide peer support and resources to help new and expectant perinatal people and their families overcome anxiety, depression, and other PMADs.
The Trainings Manager will oversee PSVa’s expanding training program for perinatal professionals including mental health professionals, perinatal health professionals (OB’s, Midwives, Nurses); and community-based groups. This person will launch a community-based collaborative rounds program.
The Trainings Manager reports to the Executive Director and is a part-time (20 hours per week) contract position. The rate of pay is $23.00 – 30.00 per hour depending on experience.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of PSVa’s professional training program.
- Create robust, high caliber training programs that meet the needs of mental health professionals. Training should include a diversity of full day, ½ day, and 1.5 -2-hour programs. Topics may include: 1. Boundary Setting and Ethics; 2. PMADs and SUDs; 3. IPV/DV and PMADs; 4. SV/SA and PMADs, 5. Cultural Humility/Anti Racism.
- Work in partnership with the Deputy Director to maintain contact with CE Credentialing Associations/Organizations, including completing/renewing CE applications, create & manage attendance lists and evaluations, ensuring all paperwork is properly submitted in a timely manner, send participants their CE’s after training completion.
- Event Management. Facilitate and coordinate all trainings, technical support, Ensure all registration forms, Zoom links and other relevant systems are created and maintained.
- Work with the Communications and Special Events Managers to create communications related to this program.
- Recruit experts in the field to conduct training.
- Work with the Executive Director on the Community Collaborative Rounds project to recruit speakers and organize training programs at designated hospitals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Required, Masters Preferred.
- Understanding of perinatal health and perinatal mental health preferred.
- Professionals with experience in perinatal health (nurses, doulas, etc.), licensed mental health professionals, and those working towards a license are encouraged to apply.
- Previous success in event planning desired.
- Experience in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, program development, record keeping, and task facilitation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills, experience in providing trainings preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to Mandolin Restivo, Executive Director by February 28, 2022 (firstname.lastname@example.org).